O’Brien & Zehnder - New Name, New Look, Same Great FirmRead more »

How do you report elder abuse?

Report Elder Abuse

Call 911 or the local police for immediate help if someone is in immediate danger. If the danger is not immediate, but you suspect that abuse has occurred or is occurring, report it to the Adult Protective Services (APS) agency in the state where the elder resides.

You can find the APS reporting number for each state by visiting:

  • the Eldercare Locator website
  • the State Resources section of the National Center on Elder Abuse website

Tell your doctor, a friend, or a family member you trust, or call the Eldercare Locator helpline immediately. Specially trained operators will refer you to a local agency that can help. If you suspect nursing home abuse, call your Long Term Care Ombudsman.

For quality legal representation, please contact our personal injury attorneys of the Elk Grove-based O'Brien & Zehnder Law Firm by calling 1-800-722-4176 or send us an email and someone from our office will be in touch with you shortly.

DISCLAIMER:  This article is not a substitute for legal advice and in no way constitutes legal advice or gives rise to an attorney-client relationship. Adequate counsel is fact-dependent and requires independent analysis and inquiry specific to your situation and circumstances. This article is simply meant as a guide to explain in general and brief terms certain issues and serves to provide general information. Contact O'Brien & Zehnder Law Firm at 916-714-8200 if you require legal help or wish to seek legal advice for your specific legal issue(s).