How do I obtain a copy of the police report?

The authorities that responded to the accident will create an accident report.

Usually, you will be given a reference number at the scene of the accident, and for a minimal fee you can pick up the report at a local office once it is ready.

If you were unable to receive the report number you can call the local police near you, give the details of your accident (such as date and location), and they will direct you.

For more information or to make an appointment, please contact our personal injury attorneys at the Elk Grove-based O'Brien & Zehnder Law Firm by phone or send us an email and someone from our office will be in touch with you shortly.

DISCLAIMER: This article is not a substitute for legal advice and in no way constitutes legal advice or gives rise to an attorney-client relationship. Adequate counsel is fact-dependent and requires independent analysis and inquiry specific to your situation and circumstances. This article is simply meant as a guide to explain in general and brief terms certain issues and serves to provide general information. Contact O'Brien & Zehnder Law Firm at 916-714-8200 if you require legal help or wish to seek legal advice for your specific legal issue(s).