What if the other driver was not insured?

If the other driver was not carrying the required insurance, your attorney will examine your own policy to determine if you have Med Pay or Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UIM) coverage.

If you have UIM, you will be able to make a claim for damages with your own insurance company.

In some cases, your insurer may deny that you have UIM coverage, but if they cannot produce a signed statement from you stating that you were offered the coverage and declined it, Elk Grove-based experienced attorneys John M. O'Brien & Grant Zehnder who are familiar with the state’s insurance law may be able to compel the company to pay your claim.

DISCLAIMER: This article is not a substitute for legal advice and in no way constitutes legal advice or gives rise to an attorney-client relationship. Adequate counsel is fact-dependent and requires independent analysis and inquiry specific to your situation and circumstances. This article is simply meant as a guide to explain in general and brief terms certain issues and serves to provide general information. Contact O'Brien & Zehnder Law Firm at 916-714-8200 if you require legal help or wish to seek legal advice for your specific legal issue(s).