A neck injury is one of the most common injuries resulting from a rear end collision or any other type of car accident. Common traumas to the neck due to traffic accidents include:
- Neck muscle strain
- Central nervous system damage
- Intervertebral disc injuries
- Neck fractures
- Cervical fractures and dislocation
Common back traumas:
- Sprains and strains
- Vertebral disc injury
- Spinal cord Injuries
After the accident, the victim will probably have to face the long-term costs of dealing with a back or a neck injury. The expenses can be very high for various reasons such as:
- Medical care (surgical procedures, hospitalization and physical therapy)
- Prescription drug expenses
- Loss of present and future income
- The cost of occupational therapy
- Difficulty performing daily tasks leading to the necessity of hiring personal care
- Hospital stay costs
- The price of prosthetics, specialized wheelchairs or other medical equipment
- Home adaptation costs (for a wheelchair)
- Travel expenses between clinics.
For severe cases, victims of neck and back injuries sometimes endure lifelong pain and suffering. Their injuries can lead to the inability to work and enjoy normal activities that enrich their lives.
How Can the O'Brien & Zehnder Law Firm Help?
If you have been injured in a traffic accident, contact the O'Brien & Zehnder Law Firm today and find out how to file a claim and seek the maximum compensation you are entitled to receive.
Our skilled and knowledgeable Elk Grove-based lawyers are prepared to fight against insurance companies and protect your rights. Due to our experience and proven track record at trial, our clients receive the highest settlements or awards for their injuries. We represent clients on a contingency fee basis, which means that we charge nothing until the case resolves.