O’Brien & Zehnder - New Name, New Look, Same Great FirmRead more »

What should I do if my loved one is abused in a nursing home facility?

My Loved One Is Abused In A Nursing Home Facility

As soon as you suspect that an elder is abused, call your state's hotline for reporting nursing home abuse and contact an experienced lawyer as soon as possible. For quality legal representation, please contact our personal injury attorneys of the Elk Grove-based O'Brien & Zehnder Law Firm by calling 1-800-722-4176 or send us an email and someone from our office will be in touch with you shortly.

Three legal paths can be followed:

  • a formal investigation conducted by the state’s adult protective services, 
  • a civil lawsuit against the facility (this option will seek compensation for damages related to the abuse, such as pain and suffering)
  • criminal litigation is applied for extreme cases

DISCLAIMER:  This article is not a substitute for legal advice and in no way constitutes legal advice or gives rise to an attorney-client relationship. Adequate counsel is fact-dependent and requires independent analysis and inquiry specific to your situation and circumstances. This article is simply meant as a guide to explain in general and brief terms certain issues and serves to provide general information. Contact O'Brien & Zehnder Law Firm at 916-714-8200 if you require legal help or wish to seek legal advice for your specific legal issue(s).