Roofing is considered to be one of the most dangerous occupations and is also very physically demanding as it requires frequent heavy lifting, bending, kneeling, and climbing.
Roofing jobs are associated with a large number of construction accidents.
Working at heights has its risks, however, if the proper safety regulations would be followed, employees would be able to work in a safe environment. Unfortunately, this does not always happen, leading to injuries such as:
- Broken bones
- Brain injuries
- Spine injuries
- Illnesses caused by exposure to toxic chemicals
- Heat stroke
Most roofing accidents can easily be prevented by implementing safety features and mechanisms including but not limited to:
- Installing proper fall protection (guardrails, safety nets, personal fall arrest systems)
- Providing adequate and sufficient training
- Maintaining and performing regular safety inspections on all the equipment used (scaffolding, ladders, various tools, etc.)
- Performing regular risk assessment inspections, checking the integrity of the structure and roof
However, the majority of roofers are not provided with protection systems and often have to work in a hazardous environment.
Our lawyers at O'Brien & Zehnder Law Firm are sympathetic to your situation, and they are ready to fight for justice on your behalf if you were injured in these type of circumstances. You have the right to work in a risk-free environment, and when your rights are breached, the responsible parties can be held liable. Call us today, and we can help you wage the fight necessary to make insurance companies pay you the settlement you deserve for your injuries.